You will be eligible for our Fixed Fee Low Cost Divorce Service if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support, or
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, or
- Universal Credit, or
- Guarantee Credit
To qualify for the service, you must bring to your first appointment evidence from the Benefits Agency of the benefits you get. Any letter or documentation from the DSS must not be more than 28 days old on the date of that appointment.
Exemption from Court fees
You may be entitled to be exempt from paying the Court fees. It will be your responsibility to complete a fee remission form and provide original and current evidence of your means as required by the Court.
Standard Service Divorce Fee Packages
If you are divorcing someone who does not wish to challenge the divorce proceedings, they will proceed undefended. These undefended proceedings fall into our Standard Fixed Fee Service.
Petitioner Divorce Package £425 + VAT
This service includes preparation of all documentation and work necessary to progress the divorce through to the making of the Decree Absolute which finalises your Divorce.
Petitioner Divorce & Will Package £575 + VAT
This service includes preparation of all documentation and work necessary to progress the divorce through to the making of the Decree Absolute which finalises your Divorce and the preparation of a basic single Will and registration with Certainty.
Petitioner Divorce, Severance of Tenancy & Will Package £675 + VAT
This service includes preparation of all documentation and work necessary to progress the divorce through to the making of the Decree Absolute which finalises your Divorce. The preparation, service and registration of Notice of Severance of joint Tenancy and the preparation of a basic single Will and registration with Certainty.
The above packages do not include any complications arising within the proceedings which will be charged separately and additionally – examples of such extras are referred to below.
Our Additional fees for
- Arrange for personal service and file Statement of Service - £100.00 plus VAT
- Prepare and file amended Petition - £100.00 plus VAT
- Prepare and file application for deemed Service - £150.00 plus VAT
- Prepare and file application to dispense with service - £150.00 plus VAT
- Preparation/submitting of application to dismiss any prior existing divorce proceedings or these proceedings if you change your mind - £150.00 plus VAT
- Prepare and file second request for Decree Nisi - £100.00 plus VAT
- Prepare and file application for permission for Decree Absolute after one year - £150.00 plus VAT
- Complete confidential contact details form and statement in support - £50.00 plus VAT
- Negotiating the issue of claim for Divorce costs through solicitors (limited to 2 letters and including preparation of a Rider) - £150.00 plus VAT
- Attempting to recover Divorce costs at conclusion (limited to 4 letters) - £100.00 plus VAT
- Attendance at Court for any hearing (not usually necessary in divorce) - * Items 11, 12, 13 and 14 will be quoted separately dependant on the extent of issues in dispute and outside of fixed fee scheme.
- Dealing with defended proceedings*
- Divorce proceedings where conduct is relevant to the financial claim*
- Enforcing Costs Order made in favour of the Petitioner*
- ID Verification Check - £9.70
Necessary Disbursements (charged by the Court)
Court fee for filing Divorce Petition & Court fee for Decree Absolute -£550.00
Possible Additional Disbursements (charged by the Court)
- Amended Petition filing fee - £95.00
- Court Application fee for an Order without Notice (e.g. for Order relating to service) - £50.00
- Application fee for an Order on notice - £155.00
- Replacement/additional official copy of Decree Absolute - £10.00
- Copy Marriage Certificate - £11.00
- Request for Court Bailiff Service - £110-00
Other Possible Additional Disbursements
Process Server’s fee for personal service - £120.00
All exclusive of VAT.