Ray’s interest in law began in 1992 with an offer to study at the University of Buckingham. Unable to accept the offer due to commitments while serving with the Royal Air Force, he completed long-distance learning with the Institute of Legal Executives and was admitted as a Fellow in 2001.
With more than 20 years commercial experience, Ray specialises in dealing with a variety of property law transactions.
As an experienced property lawyer, Ray joined Susan Howarth & Company in 2016 and advises clients in the following areas of property law:
- Residential and Commercial Property Conveyancing
- Leasehold property including enfranchisement
- Adverse possession
- Trusts of land and drafting trusts in relation to equitable interests
- Property law disputes over boundaries and title
- Rights in land in relation to easements and covenants
Ray is also an experienced lecturer in Property Law and Conveyancing Practice at the Law Academy, a private law academy in Liverpool.
Outside of work, Ray is an avid lifetime cyclist and member of Liverpool Mercury (Dolan) Cycling Club. He also has a passion for poetry and still loves reading the Beano!